Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Writing Is Way Too Stressful

Not a whole lot going on lately. I don't want to do another "I got nothing" post right now, so I'll just see where this one takes me. So come on, Alice, let's jump down the rabbit hole.

I'm still on my self-imposed writing hiatus, but after seeing Clerks 2, I'm feeling a little more inspired. I don't quite know how I'll translate that inspiration to something a wee bit more tangible, but I think I might be able to work something out once I get back in the game.

The way it's looking right now, I've come up with the idea of doing the script in the same vein as the Clerks movies or Super Troopers; basically, a bunch of skits cobbled together and sewn up with a common plot. I believe I've talked about this before, but the thought is still there.

It's mostly just a matter of coming up with these skits. There's a few bits from various sources I'd like to steal for my own usage, and there's also a little bit I wrote about a year or so ago that I want to use. It mainly comes down to how I'm going to use these things.

There are also a few ideas and a few characters I have, but as I said, it all depends on how I use them. I'm also having second thoughts about my concept: characters in a Wal-Mart all night. I really don't know how I'll make it work. Maybe if I did it a little differently, perhaps chopping the narrative into several days instead of one, or maybe shifting the action to more than one building during the movie. Hmm...

Perhaps it was a good idea that I took that break. Writing is incredibly stressful.

2 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Writing is the toughest job you'll ever love...or something. Except when you hate it because it is so damn hard. In the end, though, it's one of the most satisfying things I ever do.

I'm here for moral support whenever you need it, man.

July 28, 2006 at 4:39 PM  
Blogger Kicken said...

Good luck with all of that Mattie. I know whatever you write, it will be great! I love you!

July 28, 2006 at 5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home