Sunday, July 30, 2006

Next Time, I'm Hiding In The Trunk

As it stands right now, I should probably be heading to bed because it's been kind of a long night. I mean, it's just after 2:00 in the morning and with the exception of a few minutes (and the time it took to walk from my front door to my computer here now), I've been sitting in a car for the last five hours or so. But because you're such a wonderful audience, I don't want to wait until morning to make this post. It's gonna be quick since I'm spent, but I'll make it with what I have. So get your golden ticket ready, Charlie, because we're headed to the chocolate factory.

My usual partner in crime Mo called up tonight, informing me of this drive-in theater in Harrodsburg he'd heard opened back up. I'd never been to one before, so we went to check it out. So we get there at 9:30, just before their double feature started. I didn't really have any interest in seeing You, Me, and Dupree or Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, but hey, I'm all for new experiences.

As a lover of the cinematic arts, seeing a movie at a drive-in is something I'd been wanting to do for quite a while. And at five bucks a ticket (which, by my math, equates to $2.50 per movie), I'm not going to argue with that. It's definitely something I'd like to do again in the future, and something I would recommend to anyone fortunate enough to have a drive-in theater nearby.

And as for my usual mini-reviews, You, Me, and Dupree was tremendous, with Owen Wilson stealing the show as usual. And while I'm not a fan of the series (and I haven't seen more than a few minutes of either of the previous two), Fast and the Furious 3 was way more entertaining than it had any right to be. I'll give them four and three stars respectively. Though I must admit that perhaps the experience of seeing the movies at a drive-in made them a lot better than they would have been at a traditional theater. But I'll stand by those stars for the time being.

I'm absolutely worn out, so I'm heading to bed. Out for now, y'all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Drive-ins are wicked fun. I haven't been to one in a long long time. I think the last time I went was in 99 when we saw America Pie and the South Park movie together.

What a great time.

July 30, 2006 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home