Saturday, June 3, 2006

Spiders Are The Devil

I picked up RE:CV again, and I almost made some progress before my hatred of bugs interfered and royally screwed things up.

To set the scene, I'd made it through the hallway with the oversized moth. I'm okay with that moth now, since he's actually pretty easy to avoid as long as you can stay away from this poison dust he sprays. Anyway, I make it past Mothra, and after avoiding a bunch of zombies and rabid zombie dogs, I restored power to the facility I'm trapped in. That's pretty nice, since running around with the lights on is better than with them off. That way, you can actually see the monsters that want to brutally kill you and eat your skin. So the walkthrough I'm following sends me into a particular room to retrieve a particular object, and that's when Spidey makes his presence known.

As soon as I enter the room, I'm greeted by an enormous spider. I fire off a few explosive arrows from my crossbow, but Spidey shrugs them off and keeps heading my way. Before I can either run away or equip my machine gun, Spidey is up in my face. He stands up on his back legs and proceeds to bite me on the neck. I couldn't even see myself, since Spidey was so huge. At this point, I flip out and turn off my Gamecube. I'd rather quit before I let some mutant spider bite my face off. I'm a wuss, I know.

I'll have to think up another plan of attack. Charging in with guns blazing obviously didn't work, so maybe I should be more evasive. Spidey was on top of me before I knew it, so if I'm going to be evasive, I'll have to be quick about it. There's supposed to be two more spiders in this room, but since I barely made it past the door, I'll probably have to be very quick if I intend to survive with my health intact.

Stupid spiders. Why must they torture me so? I can stare down legions of the undead and conquer monsters of all shapes and sizes, but an overgrown arachnid gives me so much grief that I can't even move forward. You win this round, Capcom.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

Dang spiders!

I kind of know how you feel because I finally put in Shadow of the Colossus today and got my butt trampled on by the first big monster thing...whatever it is. I had no shot.

June 3, 2006 at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home