Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Rhyme Without Reason

[And now for the thrilling conclusion of the Blackout Manifesto.]

Time is 11:28 p.m., and I am absolutely worn out. Boredom is beating me to death. I tried to do a little reading, but I got about 10 or 15 pages in before I gave up. Holding that stupid light was giving me carpal tunnel and a pain in my neck.

To be honest, I don't truly know why I'm even still awake at this point. It's not like there's anything to do at 11:30 at night in the midst of a blackout. But at least I'm getting a few handwritten blog posts out of the deal, right?

This is why I could use a laptop. I love my computer, as antiquated as it may be, but I unfortunately can't use it right now. Now if I had something battery powered, voila. There's a solution. It's all just a matter of affordability.

But at this point, I believe I'm only still awake to see if and/or when the power comes back on. However, I don't think it'll be back on until in the morning. And really, that's probably closer to the truth than I realize. So I figure I might as well call it a night.

I hope that my three-part Blackout Manifesto was worth reading, just for the view into the insanity that is me. Time is 11:43, and maybe after sleep, things will be back to something resembling normalcy. Out for now.

[And just three minutes after I wrote that in my notebook, the power returned. Just my luck. I think my satellite reciever was fried by the power going out, but I'll deal with that in the morning. Good night, and good luck.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home