Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Killing Time During A Power Outage

[Just to put this and the next two posts in some kind of context, we had a power outage around 8:00, and the power just came back on about 15 minutes ago. To kill time, I wrote three posts worth of material on notebook paper. And these are those posts...]

As I write this, the time is 8:25 or thereabouts, and our power is out thanks to a thunderstorm.

I am very much a child of the 21st century. Going without electricity is not something I am accustomed to. This is why I could never be Amish or live in the 19th century, because electricity and modern technology are things I could not bring myself to do without.

"Roughing it" is not something I do easily. I'm used to electronics and gadgets and all that stuff. I guess it takes a power outage to show me how dependant upon these things I am. But hey, without electricity, I wouldn't be able to share this blog with the rest of the world.

And that's a good thing.

[Thus endeth Part I of the Blackout Manifesto.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home