Sunday, May 28, 2006

One More Day Until The Big Two-Four

Here it is, the eve of my 24th birthday, and I'm sitting here doing nothing but blogging. I could probably be out doing something to prepare for the big day tomorrow, but things don't always turn out the way we'd want them to. Le sigh.

The looming birthday has given me a chance to reflect on things. Am I where I should be at this stage of my life? Probably not. Am I at least on the right track? That, I do not know.

The path to greatness is a rough one, but it's particularly rougher right now. I've got a few accomplishments I need to attain, a few goals I need to achieve before the journey down that path to greatness can pick up any speed. These are things that I probably should have dealt with years ago, but I'm not exactly quick about doing things. That's my own fault, though. Stupid things happen when you don't use your brain.

But in any event, I'm hoping these things will be easier than I'm expecting. These sort of problems take a little time and patience to sort out, but I'm not worried. My birthday is tomorrow, which means I get one more year to straighten out the crap I should have dealt with in the past. One step forward is better than two backward, right?

Tomorrow is going to be a day of reckoning. Mark it down.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

The BIG 2-4. I did that once. In February. It feels kind of... wierd. You feel a little old, but not old. But that Blink-182 song no longer applies to you. Kind of like when you realize you're not the same age as Bart or Beavis anymore.

I'll wish your birthday happily tomorrow, today I offer a sincere Merry LifeDay Eve from Krypton.

May 28, 2006 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger Libby said...

I always do that personal assessment thing when my b-day rolls around, too. Even though there's always stuff I can be happy about...I can always nitpick myself crazy, too.

But it's never too late to do anything you want to do.

May 30, 2006 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home