Monday, May 1, 2006

Now To Wait For The DVD...

Backlash was last night, and I had a really fun time. I even picked up a souvenir. I'll probably have to wait until I get to watch the DVD before I really get to see how it turned out on television, but I had a ball being there in person. I ended up taking almost 250 pictures, but most of them turned out being ungodly blurry, and thus not that good. If I had a tripod or closer seats, it would have turned out okay, but some of the ones that could be salvaged weren't all that bad. If anybody wants to see them, just ask and I'll try hook you up with a few of them. But here's some quick thoughts...
  • You know, you never know how loud or how hot the pyro is until you're in the same building with it.
  • The Kane/Big Show match was bleh, and the ending was mind-numbingly stupid. There, I said it.
  • The ending of the Mickie James/Trish Stratus match seemed way out of nowhere, but after hearing Trish dislocated her shoulder, I understand why. I don't how how it came across on TV, but Trish's bump over the ropes looked really ugly. I'm not surprised she hurt herself.
  • You know what else was fun? The McMahons vs. Shawn Michaels and God. That's right, I went there. I really thought the match was entertaining, even if the idea of it was silly. The bump off the stage was crazy enough, but Shawn diving from the ladder to the floor was insane!
  • "Matt Striker Loves Poop." Teehee. Though I don't see why he would make a reference to illegally recruited basketball players. That was 15 years ago, and it's the football team with the recruiting woes now. Not that anybody in Kentucky cares about football, but still.
  • Cena wins... again. I guess they figured that they needed as big a heel as they could get to appear at One Night Stand next month, and the diehard ECW fans will eat Cena alive. But I will say that the triple threat match was a lot of fun, no matter who won.
And that's all I've got. Fun night, fun show. I want to do it again sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home