Thursday, May 11, 2006

More Reviews, More Resident Evil 4

I'm still getting used to the lack of HaloScan, but I'm sure that I will eventually. I guess if I miss it badly enough, I could either reinstall it here or go back to using the Tripod blog on a regular basis. But where's the fun in that?

I put a little work into some new reviews, but nothing major has been completed as of yet. Netflix is shipping me a movie today, and once it shows up in my mailbox in the next day or two, I'm going to jump into a review headfirst. I've been thinking about reviewing both the original When A Stranger Calls and its remake sometime in the future, so once the remake is available, I'll have two more reviews to add to the archives. I've been a reviewing machine this year, and I don't plan on slowing down.

Meanwhile, I've jumped back into Resident Evil 4, and I'm making great time. I'm already on the island, and dead ahead is the U-3. And as much as I love the Handcannon, I'm finding the Chicago Typewriter to be much more effective when I'm being swarmed by freaks. Rapid-fire can definitely trump one shot a time when need be, but it's a balance of finding out what works in what situations. And really, a good balance of both weaponry and strategy is important. You don't want to take a knife to a shootout, and you don't want to storm into a room full of monsters without a plan. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to kick in a door and burst in with guns blazing. I've discovered that hiding in one corner of the room with a sniper rifle can be a good idea. It all comes down to being strategic, and being a master of one's surroundings. And a little heavy artilery is helpful too. That's why I've beaten Resident Evil 4 five times, with a sixth victory coming soon.

Man, I'm addicted to this game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Libby said...

I'm definitely all about the strategy, since that's the only way I can make it past anything. I'm not the best gamer, so I always have to think this stuff through and tweak how I approach the harder areas.

May 11, 2006 at 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home