Friday, April 14, 2006

The "State of the Blog" Address

Sometimes I wonder about the nature of The Matt Sutton Experience.

I started up on Tripod.com back in 2001 simply because my neighbor Kenny had his own blog on Tripod. I saw his and figured if he could do that, so could I. I didn't really have any idea or real plan what I wanted to do with it, or if anyone would ever read it. But it was there. After four years of plying my trade at Tripod, I moved over to Blogger. Again, everybody else is doing it, why didn't I. I liked the layout, and I thought (and still think) it's more efficient than working with my older setup. I still keep the Tripod blog around, and I don't plan on parting ways with it. But I know what I prefer, y'know what I mean?

But nearly four and a half years after I opened up my little shop of horrors, I think I've finally found purpose. What started as a way for me to rip off my neighbor is now a labor of love. Both the Original Experience and the New Hotness serve as a place for me to collect my thoughts, to speak my mind, and to share with what little readership I have. The Matt Sutton Experience, in both its forms, have evolved from a poorly produced attempt at a personal website, to not really much of anything, to the unchained beast it is today.

The blog has become much more entertaining and fun over the years, especially on a personal level. I wrote sometime back that if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it. And it's still fun. I'm enjoying what I do here. I'll admit that I don't operate the best blog out there, but I do what I can. And though I don't have many readers (that I know about, anyway), I hope the ones I do have are enjoying the journey.

I know I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home