Monday, April 10, 2006

One More For The Archives

I hate it when I want to post, but can't think of anything to talk about. That just bugs me to no end. I don't know how some of my colleagues around this here Interweb manage to churn them out so regularly. How do you do it? I guess I'll just wing it, as is my wont.

Backlash is three weeks from yesterday, and my initial excitement is starting to cool off. It was probably just the whole buzz of actually holding the tickets in my hand. Now that I've had them for a little while, it's gone from "yay, I have the tickets" to "when is the 30th gonna get here already?". That whole week before the 30th is going to kill me, too. It'll be like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. And I just know it'll be like that when I buy the DVD of the show, just so I can watch and see if I can find myself in the audience. The whole "hooray, I'm on TV" novelty is something else, folks. I don't work well with anticipation, what can I say?

You know those stupid ringtone commercials that are all over late night television? I saw one last night advertising Larry The Cable Guy ringtones. Excuse me, but who in their right mind would want that? I weep for humanity.

I'm not exactly a fan of all those ringtone commercials anyway. I don't know what it is, but they annoy me so much. I don't even own a cell phone, making me part of the 0.1% of the population that doesn't own one. What's the big deal?

But there are some commercials out there that I do like, and those are the ads for the Silent Hill movie. It looks like there may finally be a movie that breaks the stereotype of bad/mediocre cinematic video game adaptations. And I know your mileage may vary, but it looks pretty darn scary too. Pyramid Head looks awesome as well. That dude is hardcore.

However, the movie I'm most looking forward to is Snakes on a Plane. Best movie title ever.

I'm not the biggest fan of the comic strip, but I'm starting to get addicted to the Boondocks cartoon on Adult Swim. I don't care much for the Huey character, but I love the supporting cast, especially Riley.

And that's all I've got. I started out with nothing to talk about, and I ended up touching on all kinds of random junk. Even if it was silly rambling for the most part, I still accomplished my main goal: I got one more post up. And that's all I really wanted out of this one.

So all in all, mission accomplished for today. Out for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home