Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Little More News

Fun fact: This is post #345. Rock on.

Anyway, I've got some Backlash news. Whether it's good or bad, I don't know for sure, I'll leave that up to you. I talked to my partner in crime, Mo, tonight about things, and he has to work a 9:00 to 6:00 shift on the 30th. It would take 25 or 30 minutes to get back to our neighborhood, and giving him at least 20 minutes to swing by his house, get ready, then come get me, we wouldn't get out of here until around 7:00 at the latest. Accounting for traffic and stop lights, it'll take us at least an hour to get to Rupp Arena. The tickets say the show starts at 7:45 (while the big show itself won't start until 8:00), but we want to have plenty of time to get situated. We don't want to roll up in there and miss anything, you know?

He's been told that he'll have to wait and see what kind of workload they have that day before his manager will decide if he can leave early. He probably wouldn't need to leave until around 5:00 or 5:30, so hopefully, it'll be a slow day. Mo also mentioned that he knows a guy who has the 30th off and might swap days with him, so hopefully that will work out. So that's Plan A: work something out to either get the day off or be out of there by no later than 5:30.

We have a Plan B too, but hopefully, we can stick to Plan A. Plan B would consist of meeting up at the truck stop near here, just off the parkway between our neighborhood, his place of business, and Lexington. I prefer Plan A, but whatever works, I guess.

I should hopefully know if at least one part of Plan A is a go by the end of the week. If Mo can't switch days with that coworker, then I won't know one way or the other until Sunday afternoon at the latest.

More news as it happens. Out for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home