Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Got A Fever...

...and the only prescription is more Resident Evil 4. That, and more cowbell. Gotta have more cowbell.

I've been playing that Mercenaries side game a lot lately, and I finally achieved a five-star ranking on every level with Krauser. It'll take a lot of time and effort, but I'm hoping to one day accomplish the same with the other four characters. That reward awaiting me on the other side of the necessary twenty five-star runs is daring me to come after it, and I'll get there soon enough. It's the only thing in the game that I have left to unlock, so I'm going to keep plugging away at it. That reward is going to be mine.

I've also put some thought into playing through the main game one more time. That's the great thing about Resident Evil 4. Once you get the hang of the controls and really get engrossed in it, the replayability is high. It's for sure my favorite game in my rather meager video game collection. If Capcom had the idea to remake the other five games in the core series using RE4's engine, they'd be even more awesome. I sadly have yet to play Code Veronica, but I do know that the Gamecube's versions of RE2 and RE3 could use a major overhaul in the graphics department. They're still fun, but it's hard to get into these clunky PS1-era graphics when RE0, the remake of RE1, and RE4 have these awesome visuals. But I guess that I'll survive, because if I'd played the games in their original forms ten years ago, I probably wouldn't have complained. So what do I know, huh?

And that's it for now. I might have more later if I can think of something. But if I don't, I think today was a good day for blogging. TTFN, dear readers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home