Thursday, April 27, 2006

Another Visit to Silent Hill

I saw Silent Hill again this afternoon, and I liked it just as much as I did on Sunday.

Personally, I liked it a lot more the second time around. While I found the acting average the first time, the cast grew on me the second time. Everyone is quirky and unique, and I really enjoyed Laurie Holden as the cynical cop who just wants to leave without suffering any grievous bodily harm.

The plot is kinda weak, but it's really secondary to the movie's motivation and intent. The driving force behind the movie is its desire to absolutely screw with the head of everyone in the audience. It's chock full of mind-bending visuals, terrifying monsters with a thirst for carnage and violence, and sound design that would make me wet my pants if I heard it in a haunted house. From that aspect, the movie is wonderful. Also wonderful is composer Jeff Danna's adaptation of Akira Yamaoka's awesome music from the Silent Hill games. The music is nothing short of outstanding.

The three and a half star review I gave it on Sunday stands, and I give it a recommendation. It isn't for those who don't like bizarre movies or who have weak constitutions, but I recommend it all the same.

Out for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home