Saturday, March 18, 2006

This Post Has Been Edited For Television

So I was watching part of Freddy vs. Jason on the Sci-Fi Channel tonight, even though I've seen it quite a few times and I bought the DVD the day it came out. But that's beside the point. Anyway, I was watching Freddy vs. Jason, and I'm really starting to hate movies edited for television. It's so obvious, and it takes me right out of the movie. And it hurts the performances somewhat, too. I'll admit that the performances in Freddy vs. Jason were less than Oscar worthy, but still. Give a guy a break. Is it so wrong to want unedited violence and profanity on prime time TV? Daytime soap operas say pretty much everything but the seven dirty words, but a slasher movie in prime time can't? I'm calling shenanigans on this crap.

I guess the moral of the story is that I should either suck it up and get over it, or quit watching movies that have been edited for television. One of the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home