Friday, March 10, 2006

Random Musings

Okay, so I've been meaning to post, but I just can't think of anything to talk about. But I want to post, and by God, I'm gonna think of something wacky!

I was going through my DVD collection recently, and there are so many I haven't watched in the longest time. There's a handful I haven't watched since I bought them, believe it or not. I should get around to dusting them off sometime. I mean, they're not doing me any real good sitting there, are they?

You know what sucks about being a night owl? There's hardly anything good on TV at 4:00 in the morning. Maybe that's where delving into my DVD collection will come in handy.

Am I the only one who's seen that Juicy Fruit commercial with the giant ant? I hate bugs as it is, and that commercial doesn't help me out at all.

I've been trying to get into Degrassi: The Next Generation lately, but I'm finding it rather hard to follow along. It doesn't help that I'm jumping in when the show is already into its fourth or fifth season. But what else bothers me is that most of the episodes I've seen lately seem to be reruns. There's been a few episodes that I've seen more than once (or twice). Really, there's only so many times I can see the bipolar kid trash a hotel room and beat up his dad, the skinny blonde girl get gonnorhea because of her newfound promiscuity, or the Hispanic girl doing her own version of Girls Gone Wild before I start to lose interest.

Going back to my fear of bugs for a moment, I've been playing some Resident Evil 3 lately, and there's a section I just can't bring myself to make it through. Why? There's at least two or three giant man-sized spiders hanging from the walls of this one room, and I absolutely loathe spiders. Even the video game kind, I hate. Ugh, why must Resident Evil torture me so? I thought we were friends, Capcom. What happened to us?

And continuing on the topic of survival horror games, do you know what movie would make a good survival horror game? 28 Days Later. I know the movie is three years old, but age didn't stop anyone from making games based on Scarface or The Godfather. If they did it in the style of a Resident Evil game, it could be the coolest game ever. And it just struck me that a Shaun of the Dead game would be really cool too. They could make it like a Grand Theft Auto game, where you run around the streets of London bashing zombies with a cricket bat, or throwing vinyl records at them like Frisbees. Though knowing my luck, they'd make 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead games for only the PlayStation and X-Box and I'd have to miss out, because I'm the only person on Earth that owns Nintendo consoles and nothing else.

For those of you interested (and those of you still following along after all of my babbling), I have two or three new movies I plan on reviewing if everything turns out okay. And by "okay," I mean "if Netflix sends them to me on schedule." I don't want to name the movies I plan on writing yet, but I'll be working on a theme. And with luck, they'll be up sometime early next month. Looking over my DVD collection, I see a few movies that I'd like to review, but I just have to find the motivation. But they're not gonna review themselves, are they?

And that's all I've got for now. I'll probably have something else to say later, I'm not sure. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home