Friday, March 31, 2006

Another Survival Horror Conquest

After working away at it for three months (and six hours, 50 minutes, and 33 seconds of accumulated playing time), I finally beat Resident Evil 3. The complete and total nuclear annihilation of a city overrun with zombies and genetically engineered monsters has never looked so glorious.

There's a feature in the game where, at certain moments, you'll be presented with two options. These two options represent two different courses of action that can be taken in the particular situation, and the choice you make can effect certain cutscenes and other moments in the game. It's kinda like those Choose Your Own Adventure books. The final choice of the game presents you with two options: stomp the crap out of the wounded boss monster with a .44 Magnum, or leave it to die a slow and painful death (until the city gets nuked, that is). Guess which one I chose. Yeah, I could have shown a little mercy and left it there, but where's the satisfaction in that? This thing followed me all over town trying to rearrange my face in a violent fashion, so you'd better believe that it's going to get some major comeuppance.

That's one more conquest I can add to my survival horror résumé. Now I just need to acquire Code Veronica, and I'll show that game who's boss too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home