Sunday, January 1, 2006

"Sutton At The Movies" Achievement Awards

After reading Libby's list of her personal top five movies for 2005, I had the idea to reprise something I did at the end of 2004. So I hope you - yes, you - are ready for the second annual "Sutton At The Movies" Achievement Awards. These are pretty much random awards that I hand out to the cinematic adventures I took in 2005. If you think a movie should have been represented here, either I thought something else was better, or I just didn't see it.
  • Best Movie: Sin City
  • Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Walk The Line
  • Best Actress: Naomi Watts, King Kong/Reese Witherspoon, Walk The Line (tie)
  • Best Supporting Actor: Jack Black, King Kong
  • Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Carpenter, The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • Best Director: Steven Spielberg, War of the Worlds
  • Best Horror Movie: The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • Best Movie Based on a True Story: Walk The Line
  • Best Movie Based on a Comic Book: Batman Begins and Sin City (tie)
  • Best Soundtrack: The Devil's Rejects
  • Best Use of a Song in a Movie's Closing Credits: "Somewhere Out There" by Our Lady Peace, from White Noise
  • Best Sequel: The Devil's Rejects
  • Coolest Concept: White Noise
  • Best Villain: Tobin Bell as The Jigsaw Killer, Saw II
  • Best On-Screen Team: Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, and Sheri Moon Zombie from The Devil's Rejects
  • Worst Movie: Fun With Dick & Jane
Just for saying's sake, I'd have given High Tension the Best Horror Movie award, but since it was technically first released in 2003, I decided it'd be ineligible. Sue me. But those are the awards, like them or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home