Friday, January 13, 2006

Kentucky Could Still Win, Right?

I hope everyone had a happy Friday the 13th, because I know I did.

Continuing on a theme, I took in another film tonight, this time being Glory Road. The story of the Texas Western basketball team that started five black players against the all-white Kentucky team in the 1966 NCAA championship game, the movie is essentially the result of changing Remember The Titans from a football movie to a basketball movie. As can be expected, there are a number of historical inaccuracies, but the majority of them can be excused for the sake of drama. Josh Lucas, who plays coach Don Haskins, is good, and the rest of the cast (made up of people I've never heard of, with the exceptions of former Smallville co-star Sam Jones as one of Texas Western's players, Tatyana Ali from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air as a player's girlfriend, and Jon Voight as Kentucky coach Adolph Rupp) is entertaining. I did like the movie and thought it was entertaining, so I'll give it four stars.

And that's good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home