Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Jet Li Could Break My Face

Not much to report on today, so I think I'll throw out a quickie movie review.

I just finished watching Unleashed, and I liked it a lot. The fights are outstanding, and the acting is a lot better than I expected out of a movie of this style. Morgan Freeman is great as always and Bob Hoskins is wonderfully wicked, but I was really surprised by Jet Li. I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with his movies (though I did think The One was awesome), so I went in thinking he was just some generic martial arts movie guy like Jean Claude Van Damme or Steven Seagal, only Chinese. He really did a spectacular job not only with his fighting scenes, but with the scenes that required him to actually act too. I heard that he wants to quit martial arts movies and so he can concentrate on serious acting roles, and I think he'd be up to the task. Unleashed gets four stars, and a recommendation to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home