Saturday, October 8, 2005

Quickie Movie Reviews

I finally got out of the house and did something for a change. I hit up the cinemas, and as promised on Thursday, here's the quickie reviews...

Corpse Bride: Oh man, was this great. I loved every minute of it. The stop-motion animation is spectacular, the voice work is fantastic, and it's just so entertaining. Four stars, and the recommendation to go see it right now.

Flightplan: Where do I begin? When you walk out of the theater totally confused for all the wrong reasons, that isn't good. I had absolutely NO clue why anything in the movie happened at all, and I had to rely to an online spoiler to grasp it. The movie was well-made, and Jodie Foster was really good, but the second half of the movie makes no sense at all. There are a handful of fun red herrings, but when the final revelations are made, it's just a great big disappointment. I'll give it three stars, though if you miss it, don't kick yourself over it.

The trip to the movies also marked a first for me, since I managed to sneak some candy and a drink into Flightplan. Snacks at movie theaters are too expensive nowadays, so a stop at Wal-Mart (for some candy and a 25-cent can of soda) and a baggy fleece sweater saved me a few dollars. And folks, saving money is pretty darn good. I also acquired the DVD of Adam West's Batman movie, proving that Wal-Mart's $5.50 discount bin can be your friend.

That's all I got. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home