Thursday, October 6, 2005

A Busy, Busy Weekend

Not a lot going on in Suttonville lately. I'd be a lot more involved here if I had stuff to do, but eh, what can you do?

We had a county festival last weekend, the last one before they change the name and move it to summer. It wasn't much, but I knew it wasn't going to be all bad when I heard a band playing "Free Bird" as soon as I got into the main part of the festival on Saturday. "Free Bird" = good times. My dad was in the parade, which was neat, and I managed to pick up some DVDs for a really good price too. I scored Saw, White Noise, and The Ring Two on Saturday for $30 (the vendor had a "three for $30" deal), then nabbed The Grudge on Sunday for $10 (though the price tag was marked at $12). I should have picked up Kill Bill 2 while I was at it, but that was all the money I had. Oh well, I can still get that for around $15 at Wal-Mart. Or one of my dear readers could pay a visit to my Amazon wish list, because that works too. :-D But anyway, I got a little sun, some fresh air and good movies, and bumped into some old friends I hadn't seen in a while, so I'd call last weekend a success.

Speaking of, I'm watching The Grudge as we speak, and it's still weird to see Sarah Michelle Gellar cowering in terror when confronted by the demonic hellspawn. I'm so used to her making some lame pun before kicking the bad guy into next Thursday, but I guess that happens when you play a monster killer for seven years.

If you haven't yet, head over to the New Hampshire Joyride and check out the post dated September 29th. I totally rocked out "Dynamite Kudo: The Album," and I just may do Volume 2. I'd have to put some thought into it, but when I do, look out for it. Because it'll rock just as hard as Volume 1.

That's all I've got tonight. But keep an eye open, since I may or may not have some quickie reviews tomorrow. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home