Friday, September 30, 2005

Sometimes I Don't Miss High School

I got an invitation to my five-year high school reunion today, and I'm debating on whether or not I should go. As much as I'd like to, there's quite a few things stopping me. One is that I've accomplished absolutely nothing since high school. I flunked out of college, I haven't had a job, I have pretty much nothing that resembles an active social life, and I don't even have a driver's license. Plus there's the fact that I had exactly two friends in high school; one of them isn't going because he hated everyone but me, and the other graduated the year before I did, so he can't go. So why would I want to go hang out with a bunch of people that really didn't care much for me to begin with? I'll admit, there are a few classmates that I liked back then, and would enjoy getting to see again. But what about the other 110 people in my class that wouldn't have given me the time of day back then? They've accomplished things. What do I have? I'm a 23-year-old unemployed loser who still lives with his parents. Whoopee.

More on this sometime later, I guess. Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home