Sunday, July 31, 2005

Sutton Briefly Goes To The Movies

Wow, this week flew by quickly, and I decided to wrap it up by checking out some flicks. First up...

Stealth: I saw this one late Friday night, and I didn't expect all that much out of it. The commercials and trailers didn't impress me, but then I went in and actually had a good time. Maybe it because I won two rounds of air hockey before the movie, I don't know. Stealth didn't make a single bit of sense in the end, but I'm a Friday The 13th fan, so I had no problem detaching my brain over the course of the movie. But as far as silly action movies that make no sense go, Stealth isn't horrible and it isn't wonderful; it's somewhere in the middle. I'll give it three stars, though I'd probably recommend either downloading it or waiting until it hits the local cheap theater.

Dark Water, the Japanese version: I saw this one via the wonder that is Netflix, and I enjoyed it a lot. While I feel that the American remake is superior, I still found Dark Water: Japan to be an entertaining movie. The performances are good, and tension abounds (especially towards the ending). At the climax's summit, tell me your skin doesn't crawl when they show the evil ghost. However, what I didn't like about the movie is that the evil ghost's intentions aren't exactly clear until the end. While a villain with unclear intentions can be scary if done properly, the execution here is confusing. I'll be honest: I wouldn't have known what the ghost wanted I hadn't seen the remake, no joke. But regardless, I liked Dark Water: Japan, and I'll give it three and a half stars.

That's all I have for the current moment. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home