Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Random Thoughts

Look at Earth there, spinning around the universe like it owns the place. It thinks it's so cool. We'll see how cool it thinks it thinks it is when I unleash my evil pyramid scheme of damnation! How ya like me now, Earth? Huh? How ya like me now?

Hey look, a new review is among the ranks. Want to know what it is? Do you really? Truly? Okay, you sound sincere enough, so I'll tell you. It's the one and only cocaine-fueled Cuban gangster movie Scarface. And the late great Rick James said it best: "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."

Wrestlemania 21 is in less than a week. Anybody want to give me 50 bucks?

Am I the only one who would want to see Fox do a remake of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie to tie it into the show? Sure, Sarah Michelle Gellar and Kristine Sutherland would probably be the only TV show cast members in the movie (unless they decided to throw in Michelle Trachtenberg if they went with the "fake memories of Dawn" angle), but a remake could be a better introduction to the show than Kristy Swanson's Buffy movie. I don't know if I'd believe Sarah Michelle Gellar as a 15-year-old high school sophomore, but hey, most of the Beverly Hills 90210 cast were in their 40s, weren't they? So in short, I'd be up for an SMG Buffy prequel if Fox and Joss Whedon decided to do it. And you'd be up for it too, don't lie.

I was watching the "Smile Time" episode of Angel last week, and the more I watch it, the funnier it gets. A bleached-blond vampire with a bad British accent fighting a brooding vampire puppet in a law office is high comedy, folks. If you ever get the chance to see "Smile Time," take that chance.

I was reading some reviews of various Asian movies, and I landed on one for a movie called Ichi The Killer. The movie centers around a Yakuza hitman that's into S&M bondage, as he tries to recover 1,000,000 yen stolen by his boss's rival. And thanks to some nasty scars on his face, he can blow cigarette smoke from holes in his cheeks. From reading the review, the movie sounds almost too crazy, even for me. I can handle the American Mafia, but those Yakuza guys are insane! You don't screw around with the Yakuza.

Am I the only one who's tired of those Boost Mobile commercials with the rappers singing into their cell phones? I can't go a day without seeing it at least twice. I'm not a huge rap fan anyway, and the general crappiness of the commercial makes it really grating on the ol' nerves.

Okay, guys, that's all I've got. Be here next time, same Bat time, same Bat channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home