Saturday, February 26, 2005

Things, Junk, And Stuff

Hello, I am Torgo. I watch the place while the master is away.

Caught Cursed last night, and it wasn't too bad of a movie. I've seen a lot better, but I've seen a lot worse, Unfortunately, it was so obviously cut down from an R-rating, it was almost distracting. Christina Ricci carries the whole movie on her shoulders, which is good because the whole rest of the cast is just kinda "meh." You can tell the movie's been jerked around for a while now, because Ricci's character works for The Late Late Show while it was still hosted by Craig Kilborn. Sure, it's not really that big a deal, but I'm a stickler for weird things like that. And somehow Scott Baio, Mya, and Shannon Elizabeth end up in the opening credits. They didn't serve any purpose. Mya's only in three scenes, Elizabeth's dead within the first 15 minutes, and Chachi's only in a handful of scenes (and barely has any dialogue at all). They seem like just an excuse to have big names (or washed-up names in Chachi's case) draw in audiences, despite their characters being meaningless fodder. But regardless, three stars for Cursed.

I had a fun surprise in the mail yesterday afternoon. Some stuff I ordered back in October and November from the street team for the Dawn of the Dead remake finally arrived, and it's about flippin' time. I scored a miniature poster, and a neat coffee mug featuring the logo of the fictional mall from the movie. Even if I had to wait three or four months, the stuff was free, so I won't complain. That's one of the few things I actually learned in college. Free stuff = good.

Wednesday night's episode of Smallville made absolutely no sense. Lana and Lex get tortured by the Chinese government, Lana gets possessed by a long dead witch that somehow is related to her Chinese ancestors, and she has a swordfight with Clark straight out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. These kind of episodes make me pine for the time when every episode had some random "freak of the week" that would try to kill Lana while Clark is all angst-y over being an alien in love with Lana and Chloe plays Nancy Drew. Stupid Smallville.

For those interested, I'm working on a massive update for "Sutton At The Movies." So massive, in fact, that the target date for these reviews is July 4, 2005. I wanted to do a review of Roger Corman's Fantastic Four, but I could barely watch it. It's so awful, I think it gave me cancer. I've watched a lot of bad movies, but this is beyond bad. It's almost insulting how bad it is. But I'm dedicated to both my craft and my readers, so I might just sacrifice the brain cells so you don't have to. Sutton At The Movies: Where The Readers Are #1.

That's all the news that's fit to print. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home