Sunday, February 6, 2005

Random Musings

Man, I haven't done a "real" post in a while. It feels like forever. Blame it on not having anything to say, I guess. That happens sometimes.

It looks like my last "Sutton At The Movies" update got an enthusiastic reaction from at least one person, which is nice. I like having fans. I'd also like to start doing something other than horror movies for "S@TM," and I figure I'll get around to it eventually. A boy's got to expand his horizons once in a while. I've got my eye on a few movies to review, but I just need to work up the motivation. I'm surprised I actually got those last five reviews done, to be honest. There's some I could stand to redo, too. Some of my early ones are rather anemic, though I consider my very first review (Friday The 13th) to be one of my best. I'm definitely proud of it, for sure.

So WWE has booked a barbed wire cage match between JBL and The Big Show for the No Way Out show in a few weeks. Why put the barbed wire on the cage at all? Since it'll be at the top of the cage, JBL and Big Show will have to be incredibly stupid and/or brave to try and climb out. Methinks the only way it would come into play is if one of them had wire cutters and cut some pieces of the wire off to use. And I'd really rather not see those two guys climb a cage.

I got a chance to visit the local nearest bookstore on Wednesday (and by "nearest," I mean a 45-minute drive). Unfortunately, their comic book rack is rather weak. Maybe six different comics, all released by DC. Three or four Batman comics, a JLA comic (where apparently, the JLA is comprised of robot versions of the superheroes), and a Superman comic. I think I saw Teen Titans and Catwoman comics in there too. And no graphic novels, either. Needless to say, I doubt I'll be going there to satisfy my comic desires. It'd be nice to have some comic book stores around here, but no, I have to live over an hour away from any place that would even come close to selling them. I seriously need a Borders to move in near here. You've got me jealous, Libby. Real jealous.

Netflix is a glorious, glorious thing. I definitely recommend it if you have the disposable income. I got The Grudge via Netflix a few days ago, and I really need to buy it. Sure, I saw a lot of the scares coming (which happens with repeat viewings), but it was still insanely scary. The first big scare, the one with the attic at the very beginning, still makes me jump. Great movie, and I stand by my original review. I'd like go get around to reviewing Ju-On too, and I easily recommend that one to fans of The Grudge and Asian movies in general.

You know where the worst place to have a fire would be? The factory that makes those trick birthday candles. That would suck. "Okay, fellas, it's out. Let's get out of here... aw, crap. Alright, everybody, make another wish and blow harder this time."

I caught Duran Duran performing "Hungry Like The Wolf" on Carson Daly's talk show, and wow. Simon LeBon turned into Meat Loaf now, and it's scary. Meat Loaf LaBon. Think about that one and tell me it doesn't spook you.

IMDB.com has Amy Acker (Fred/Illyria from Angel) listed as a cast member for the upcoming Texas Chainsaw Massacre prequel. I did a little research, and all the support for that I can find are rumors from back in June. I was (and still am) a fan of the Fred/Illyria characters, and if she's in the movie, good. Besides, she's cute and Texan, and a cute Texan in a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie is okay with yours truly. If she shows up with blue hair and uses god-like powers to knock Leatherface into next week, that'll be just as fine.

I caught Boogeyman on Friday night. With the exception of the repetitive "let's scare the audience by making them go deaf" jump scares (you know the ones), I really liked it. Three and a half stars. I also picked up a free mini-poster for Hide And Seek at the theater too. I haven't seen Hide And Seek, but I dig movie posters. It boosts my current movie poster count to seven: Friday The 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Freddy vs. Jason, Rocky, Army of Darkness, How To Deal, and now Hide And Seek. I think I've got the posters for Blair Witch 2 and American Outlaws floating around here somewhere too.

Am I the only person not interested in the Super Bowl? I'd probably just watch for the commercials and to see if Janet Jackson's other breast would show up. That whole thing was so stupid. "Justin Timberlake ripped off part of Janet's top! We're so outraged! That should never be on TV, so we're going to replay it 5,000,000 times to enforce the point! That's how outraged we are!"

I'm so exhausted, mentally and physically. I'm surprised I haven't ceased to function at this point. It's been really rough lately. Situations with my family are making me crazy, there's some new people in my life that I'd like to avoid and can't ("coming on strong" is an understatement), and my poor little brain just can't wrap itself around all this insanity that's going on. I wish it would just stop. I just want things to go away and leave me alone. I need a break. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home