Sunday, January 9, 2005

Movies And Comics To Start 2K5

Man, I had something I wanted to talk about, but I completely forgot what it was. Maybe it'll come back to me. Just maybe. One of these days... I think. It better, or I'll have to dropkick the memory part of my brain into the Stone Age.

I caught my first theatrical movie of 2005 Friday night when I caught a late showing of White Noise. All I can say is "wow. Just "wow." Sure, I couldn't stop myself from making Batman and Ghostbusters jokes during the movie, but White Noise is a total mind teaser. Michael Keaton is great, the concept is super-creepy, and fans of Unsolved Mysteries would definitely enjoy it. The only drawback is the weird ending that comes completely out of nowhere. It was up there with Saw in terms of sheer "where the hell did that come from?" value. I enjoyed the movie as a whole, but some parts weren't of the highest quality. It could be worse, though. Three and a half stars.

Did you know "embargo" spelled backwards is "o grab me"? You do now!

The extreme lack of strictly comic book stores around here makes me frowny. I don't want to drive 45 minutes to a bookstore to get comics when there should be a store around here that sells just them. If one exists, I don't know of it. I just want some comics, is that so wrong? I feel so left out. I might just have to find a way to get subscribed to some of these comics. Or just find a big sack o' cash and score the graphic novels on my Amazon.com wish list. As long as I get some comic-y goodness, everything will be A-OK. My inner comic book geek is shouting in my ear, "It's about time you let me come out to play, loser." And you know what? He's right. I wouldn't be happy if I had to live in the shadow of Inner Movie Geek and Inner Pro Wrestling Geek either. Maybe they can all co-exist as one now. If not, I'll have to lock them all in the Thunderdome. Three inner geeks enter, one walks out. And it'll be brutal, folks. Imagine a big cross between Comedy Central's old Beat The Geeks game show and Being John Malkovich, with heaping helpings of Celebrity Deathmatch and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Be there, or be square.

Not much else to say. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home