Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Horror Movie News, Plus Comic Talk

My Inner Comic Book Geek and I need to have a long talk. Why? I was perusing Amazon.com for some comic book movies to add to my wish list. I've always liked comic book movies, and I figured that if I'm gonna get into comic books, I might as well have a collection of comic movies to go with it. Well, I ended up adding Supergirl to the list. Freaking Supergirl. At least the lead actress is cute, because otherwise I'd be pissed. It could be worse, though. I could have added Howard The Duck if it had been released on DVD. But once again, my Inner Movie Geek reminded me that I'm a glutton for the punishment that is bad B-movies. And he's right. Touché, Inner Movie Geek. You win this round.

Wow... just wow. I just saw a commercial for what I can only describe as Finding Nemo performed by Disney On Ice. I thought Finding Nemo was overrated in the first place, so why would I want to see ice skaters doing it?

I haven't done this in a while, so why don't we bring my Horror News segment into 2005? First up, 28 Days Later writer Alex Garland has been hired to scribe Saw 2, which will be released October 28 of this year. He better hurry up and start working, because Lions Gate has less than ten months to produce it if they're gonna make their release date. And if 2005 is anything like 2004, Halloween will be here before we know it.

Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses sequel The Devil's Rejects has received an R rating, as opposed to the expected/dreaded NC-17. No word yet on what's been cut, but I've got money that says it'll eventually surface on DVD.

The DVD of The Grudge comes out February 1, but you might want to wait until later in the year. Fangoria Magazine reports that the unrated director's cut will be released later in the year. Why not just release both the unrated cut and the PG-13 cut on the same day? Or do like what New Line Cinema did with the Jason Goes To Hell DVD, and put them both on the same disc? These studios are so stupid, On the topic of The Grudge: Takashi Shimizu (who directed not only The Grudge, but the four Ju-On movies that The Grudge was based on) will return to direct Grudge 2.

According to Fangoria, both Lions Gate's High Tension and Dark Castle Entertainment's remake of House of Wax will be released on June 3rd unless one studio moves the movie to another date. I wonder which will do better: an NC-17 splatter movie from France that will get shown in maybe 100 theaters max (if that), or a remake of a Vincent Price movie that stars Elisha Cuthbert and Paris Hilton.

Okay, that's all I've got. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home