Saturday, December 18, 2004

Maury Povich Hurts My Brain

Kentucky 60, Louisville 58. That pretty much sums it up how I feel. :)

I finally did get to see Blade: Trinity, and I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, it seemed like it had a real lack of focus. You'd think Dracula (or "Drake," as the characters call him for some reason) would be the main villain here, but no, it's Parker Posey and her goons. They get Dracula with the intention of using his blood to create an Aryan race of vampires, but that subplot is almost completely ignored. Also ignored after one quick scene is what the characters called the "Vampire Final Solution," which entailed a warehouse in the middle of nowhere filled with comatose homeless people in giant ziplock bags having their blood drained. Most of the cast is just kinda there, though I did like Ryan Reynolds and Triple H. Reynolds steals most of the scenes he's in (which is okay with me because I liked Van Wilder), and ol' HHH was better than expected. I certainly wasn't expecting his character to have an affection for a tiny vampire dog, but it just added to the character's charm. Two and a half stars for Blade: Trinity.

They rolled the trailer for Star Wars: Episode 3 in front of Blade: Trinity. Since I don't feel like having to kick the snot out of a bunch of nerds who've been camping out in front of the theater since before the movie started filming, I might just wait a few weeks after it's released. I do want to see it, despite only seeing bits and pieces of the other two prequels (even though I own DVDs of them both). I just needs to see me some Darth Vader.

I've been watching Maury Povich's talk show lately, and I've discovered something. It's one of the stupidest talk shows in the history of ever. My IQ drops 30 points every time I watch it, but I can't force myself to turn away. If only there was something better on TV at 4:00 in the afternoon...

...wait, I own 150+ DVDs. If only I'd realized that sooner, thousands of brain cells would still be alive. My brain looks like that one episode of The Twilight Zone, where Burgess Meredith is the last man left on earth and he finds a huge library still standing, then he breaks his glasses. That episode, you know the one. That episode ruled.

These commercials for the new Top Gun special edition DVD have got that Kenny Loggins song stuck from the movie in my head. You know the one, "Danger Zone." That song is too catchy for its own good.

I hate having to wait until the end of January to see new episodes of Smallville. Stupid winter hiatuses.

I was watching the music video for "The End Of Heartache" by Killswitch Engage (which is a great song, by the way), and I noticed something. Is it just me, or does the lead singer look like Tony Todd? Wait a second... how many of you know who Tony Todd or Killswitch Engage are? I do go crazy with the vague references.

Hey, somebody else has an Amazon wishlist too! Go buy her stuff!

A Kentucky newspaper ran an article recently about who people preferred, University of Kentucky alumnus Ashley Judd or ESPN commentator Dick Vitale. I think they even ran a poll on who readers would rather spend the evening with. If someone would turn down Ashley Judd to be with Dick Vitale (with the exception of Mrs. Vitale), I weep for society.

I have nothing left to say that is either relevant or true, thus this post comes to a close. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home