Thursday, December 30, 2004

Goodbye, 2004

So there's less than 36 hours left until 2005, and I'm trying to think of something to talk about.

I'm glad I live where I do, where the only things I have to worry about are tornadoes (which very rarely come through my neighborhood, anyway) and the occasional thunderstorm. I just can't begin to imagine how horrible it must be for those affected by the earthquake and tsunami. My heart goes out to them.

2004's been a weird year. I know I've spent 90% of it in front of a computer screen or at a movie theater, but I'm not gonna complain. Those are two places I like to be. I also developed an affinity for White Castle cheeseburgers this year, too. So I don't really have anything bad to say about my 2004. But now I'm ready for 2005. I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready.

One of the DVDs I picked up the other day was the Chris Benoit DVD. While I don't think the actual documentary is as good as The Rise and Fall of ECW (then again, what is?), the gold here is in the extra features. I never thought I'd see matches from New Japan Pro Wrestling on a WWE release. I'm not familiar with this style of Japanese wrestling (considering I've only seen a few random death matches from Japan, and that's it) but these matches are absolutely awesome. The DVD definitely lives up to its reputation as being great. I just have to track down the Eddie Guerrero DVD now, and I'll be all set. I still think the Benoit DVD could have used the 2004 Royal Rumble match on it, but that's a minor complaint on a great DVD.

I spoke the other day about how Maury Povich's show makes me stupid. I can say the same thing about Passions. They've been doing a storyline about two star-crossed lovers for years now, and every time it looks like they'll get to be together, something happens to muck it up. It's like the soap opera equivalent of the old Tommy Dreamer/Raven feud in ECW. It's just going to keep going and going and going and going with no foreseeable payoff. And it's not like the story will end if one of them quits the show, like the Dreamer/Raven feud. They can just hire a new actor to play the role. Geez, I'm getting sick of this crap. The stupidity than is Passions is really rubbing off on me.

I hear Regis Philbin is hosting the New Year's bash in Times Square this year, and I'm of the opinion that anyone other than Dick Clark hosting is just weird. They should start cranking out Dick Clark robots on an assembly line so this doesn't happen again. Or maybe the Dick Clark we know and love was a robot all along, and he just had a slipped gear. I'm on to you, Dick Clark! I know your secret!

Once again, I'd like to thank my readers who make the pilgrimage here to read me. I know I don't have much to say a lot of the time, but if I occasionally illicit a laugh or some other reaction from you, then I've succeeded. Thank you for your patronage here at Sutton's House of Chickin 'N Waffles, and I'll see you in the 2K5.

Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home