Wednesday, November 24, 2004

"I'm David Hasselhoff." "Yay!"

Happy day-before-Thanksgiving, everybody. Remember, thirty-one days until Christmas, and thirty-eight days until 2005.

One more week, and one more trip to the movies. I caught The Incredibles and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie today, and the only thing they have in common was the fact that they're both animated. The SpongeBob movie was really out there. Imagine if you watched a 90-minute episode of the show while hopped up on acid, and there you go. As is the case with the commercials, the David Hasselhoff cameo is the best part of the movie, and other than that, I can't really recommend it to anyone but diehard fans of the show. Meanwhile, I really enjoyed The Incredibles. Despite the hype, I went in not expecting much (because I didn't think too highly of Finding Nemo), but I really enjoyed it. The ending seemed just kinda thrown together, but that's my only complaint. Two and a half stars for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, and four stars for The Incredibles.

I'm a little disappointed that the WB showed A Walk To Remember instead of Smallville. I like A Walk To Remember, but I'd rather watch Smallville. I already own the A Walk To Remember DVD, so why would I want to watch it on TV? It's all edited and has commercials and all that other crap. The WB should just sell Smallville to UPN so I don't have to bother watching that stupid network at all. They've only had three good shows... one got sent to UPN and eventually cancelled, one got outright cancelled, and the third one is Smallville. Stupid WB and their stupid crappy shows. First they go and cancel all their good cartoons, then they narrow down their good prime-time shows down to one. I just want to kick WB in the face. A kick! To the face! Of the WB!

Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, and Fantasia Barrino had an "American Idols Sing Christmas Carols" special tonight... and why? Isn't the day before Thanksgiving a wee bit early to start with the Christmas caroling? Can't they wait until the day after Thanksgiving? Geez, at this rate, they're gonna start doing Christmas stuff two days after Easter. And what's the point of winning American Idol anyway? No matter when you get voted off the show, you still get to release an album. And you don't even need talent as long as you have a boatload of enthusiasm. (I'm looking at you, William Hung.)

So... what am I gonna talk about now? I've burnt myself out on horror (something must be wrong with me), so how about some wrestling?

The extra features for the upcoming Rob Van Dam DVD (which will see store shelves on January 4, 2005) have been released, and they are:
  1. vs. Pat Rose - WCW Saturday Night; January 23, 1993 (RVD's WCW debut)
  2. vs. Scotty Flamingo (currently known as Raven) - WCW Worldwide; February 8, 1993
  3. vs. Axl Rotten - ECW Hardcore TV; January 5, 1996 (RVD's ECW debut)
  4. vs. Sabu - ECW Hostile City Showdown; April 20, 1996
  5. vs. Sabu in an "Extreme Death Match" - ECW Hardcore Heaven; June 22, 1996
  6. with Sabu vs. The Eliminators - ECW Crossing The Line; February 1, 1997
  7. vs. Lance Storm - ECW Barely Legal; April 13, 1997 (RVD's pay-per-view debut)
  8. vs. Jeff Hardy - WWF Raw; May 12, 1997
  9. vs. Tommy Dreamer in a "flag match" - ECW November To Remember; November 30, 1997
  10. vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - ECW Hardcore TV; April 4, 1998 (RVD begins his two-year reign as TV champion)
  11. vs. Jerry Lynn - ECW Living Dangerously; March 21, 1999
  12. vs. Balls Mahoney - ECW Anarchy Rulz; September 16, 1999
  13. vs. Jerry Lynn - ECW Guilty As Charged (ECW's final PPV); January 7, 2001
  14. vs. Jeff Hardy - WWF Invasion; July 22, 2001
  15. vs. Chris Jericho - WWE King Of The Ring; June 23, 2002
  16. vs. Christian in a ladder match - WWE Raw; September 29, 2003
Sixteen full matches? Holy crap, that's a lot of matches. And I'm still bummed that even though he was ECW's most over wrestler at one point, Heyman never gave him a world title run before the promotion went the way of the dinosaur. Instead, he got two years of their TV title, and he only lost that because he broke his leg. But regardless, from the sound of the special features alone, I just may have to pick this DVD up.

I can't think of anything else I want to say. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home