Saturday, October 2, 2004

Random Musings

Today was the annual county festival. Only in Kentucky can you go to a festival smelling like a daisy and leave smelling like cigarettes and horse manure. The fact that the day was rainy and there wasn't anything going on (as per the course at these things) didn't help. At least I got out of the house for a change.

I've been watching Boston Public on WE (that women's network that David and Courtney Arquette started), and I want to kick Fox in the groin for canceling it. I want it on DVD now, darn it. That and the first season of Joan of Arcadia. I've gotten addicted to Joan of Arcadia, but I can't watch Joe Mantegna without thinking of Fat Tony from The Simpsons. Am I the only person that thinks that way?

I saw a commercial for the Care Bears last night, and my question is this: when did these stupid things come back in style? And must every 80s trend come back? I still want Ghostbusters 3 and Bill & Ted 3 if all these 80s trends keep getting resurrected. Too bad Bill Murray is too good for the Ghostbusters now, because Ghostbusters 3 would probably get made.

To fill some space, have some Horror Movie News.

The DVD specs for Resident Evil: Apocalypse have been announced already. It'll be a two-disc special edition with three audio commentaries, twenty (!) deleted scenes, cast outtakes, a montage of bloopers featuring Mike Epps, and featurettes on the production, special effects, female action heroes, and corporate malfeasance. It'll be released on December 28th with an MSRP of around 29 bucks.

Also getting DVD release dates are Open Water (also on December 28th), Exorcist: The Beginning (January 4th), and The Village (January 11th). The Exorcist DVD will be the theatrically released version, directed by Renny Harlin. No word yet on if the version Paul Schrader directed will ever see the light of day. In other DVD news (and perhaps my favorite bit of news today): Anchor Bay Entertainment is planning on doing an American DVD of one of my favorite horror movies, Cemetary Man, sometime either this fall or fall 2005. Either way, I'm gonna buy this sucker as soon as I can. Anchor Bay is also working on a DVD of Freaked, which was co-written by, co-directed by, and starred Alex Winter (who you might recognize as Bill S. Preston, Esq., from the Bill & Ted movies). I enjoyed Freaked (being the fan of odd B-movies that I am), but I'm happier that Cemetary Man is getting a DVD release here in the States. It's good stuff, worth at least a rental if you see it at your local video store. But if you're not into odd Italian zombie movies, you might want to skip it.

And in our last bit of news, it's been reported that ABC is planning on doing a remake of Rosemary's Baby, set for air in 2005. Yeah, whatever. I can understand remaking a movie if it stunk the first time around, isn't well-known, or would be a foreign movie that American viewers would never see (like The Ring and The Grudge), but this is insanity. Dear Hollywood, cut back on the remakes. Try making an original movie for a change. Love, Matt Sutton.

That's all I've got now. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home