Friday, October 22, 2004

More J-Horror Remakes, Please

Went and caught The Grudge with the usual suspects tonight, and I absolutely loved it. I'm normally not scared by horror movies, but this one scared me. So that puts the list of movies that scare me at three: the original Nightmare on Elm Street, The Ring, and The Grudge. And I'll go on record and say they should remake more Japanese horror movies. The Ring and The Grudge were both great, so I'm sure any in the future would be just as good. The Grudge does have a few similarities to The Ring, and some parts even seem copied straight out of The Ring, and its Pulp Fiction-esque out-of-sequence editing can throw you for a loop, but The Grudge gets a definite four stars from yours truly. All I have to do now is find and check out the Japanese version of The Grudge to see how they compare.

That's all I've got for tonight. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home