Sunday, September 26, 2004

Cheapest Ladders Ever

Once again, Sutton here.

So today was an action-packed day. My sis had a cookout to celebrate the big 1-8 (which was Wednesday), and much fun was had by all in attendance. Happy belated birthday, sis.

After the cookout, me and the usual suspects wen to Alton for some wrestling. Have any of you wrestling fans seen a TLC match end in a pinfall? I've seen one other ladder match end in a pinfall, but that was because the rules were like that already. This one ended in a pin because they didn't have any other way to end it. See, the two ladders they had were the kind where you could only climb one side safely, and the dummies in the ring decided to climb up both sides to do some spots. You know what that means? The flimsy side of the ladder eventually just snapped in half. So since they didn't have any more ladders, the ref at ringside got up in the ring and announced that pins and submissions would count too. The winner only got his title belt when the ref held up the broken side of one ladder so he could climb it. But other than that, it was a pretty good match, one of the better indy matches I've seen live (and the first ladder match I've seen live, too).

You know what really bites? I can't get my DSL to work on my computer. I got it to work on one, but not the other. Something about an expired IP or some such nonsense. Anybody who has any experience with BellSouth DSL is very welcome to give me advice, because I hate this. My DSL (or lack thereof) is making me angry, and it won't like me when I'm angry. Grrr, and such.

Whoa, they're making a Fight Club game. Did it take them long enough? Fight Club came out in 1999, why not make a Saving Private Ryan game while they're at it?

Don't really have much else to say, so I'll give you some quick horror movie news: George Romero's Land of the Dead has a few new cast members. Joining the cat are John Leguizamo, Simon Baker (from L.A. Confidential and Ring 2), and Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg (from Shaun of the Dead), as well as Robert Joy (from Amityville 3 and the recent made-for-TV remake of Helter Skelter) and Asia Argento (who appeared in XXX and is the daughter of Italian horror movie legend Dario Argento).

That's all I've got for now. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home