Friday, July 2, 2004

With Great Power Comes Great Sequels

I caught Spider-Man 2 tonight, and it was great. I thought it was better than the first one, though I don't think the "best superhero movie ever" tag is completely accurate. Personally, that goes to Tim Burton's first Batman movie. But hey, that's just my opinion. Anyway, as a movie nerd and a fan of Sam Raimi, I really liked the appearences of Bruce Campbell, Sam's brother Ted, and Sam's Oldsmobile Delta 88. Though in one crucial part of the movie, the projectionist screwed something up and accidentally killed the audio and played the entirety a song by Hillary Duff and her sister from the A Cinderella Story soundtrack. (The song was part of the "MovieTunes" thing that some theaters run before the movie starts.) About a dozen people got up and complained, and I think a few of them didn't come back. Me and my buddies ended up making a joke tying the Hillary Duff song to the scene ("Uncle Ben came back from the grave to tell Peter that Hillary Duff is awesome!"). Regardless of that one weird spot, I'll give Spider-Man 2 four stars. Good stuff, Matt says check it out.

While I'm here, I should also mention that I got the coolest phone call in the world yesterday. I'll give you one guess as to who it might have been from. :)

Nothing else to say, so Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home