Sunday, July 25, 2004

The Village: Worst Twist Ever

Here's another quick update for you, my devoted readers.

I caught The Village and Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle today. The Village wasn't really bad, even though they more or less gave vague hints to the ending numerous times throughout the movie (I even called it twenty minutes before the credits rolled). I thought the cast did a decent job and that the production value was good, but it was like the plot from a crappy episode of Scooby Doo, Where Are You? with the ending from a crappy episode of The Twilight Zone. The movie also dragged a few times, to the point where I was on the verge of shouting "do something already!" at the screen. A very disappointing movie, indeed. As for Harold And Kumar, it wasn't as disappointing as The Village. It was just your typical "stoners on a mission" movie, except the leads are an Asian and an Indian instead of suburban white kids. There were some funny moments and some groan-worthy moments, but I liked it for what it was. It also left the door open for Harold And Kumar Go To Amsterdam if this is a success. I'll give The Village two stars and Harold And Kumar Go To White Castle 2½ stars.

They also showed the first teaser trailer for Batman Begins prior to The Village, and if you haven't seen it yet, go to the movie's website and download it. Saying that it piques my interest is an understatement. I also caught the trailer for Shaun of the Dead prior to Harold And Kumar, and it looks great. It came out in England in April, and I haven't heard a single bad thing about it. Both Batman Begins and Shaun of the Dead have been added to "Blatant Movie Shilling."

That's all I've really got to say for today. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home