Sunday, July 18, 2004

Me, Human

Hello, dear readers.

I saw I, Robot yesterday, and I liked it a lot. The ending kinda came out of nowhere, but other than that, I can't complain. And the CGI isn't bad either. I give it three and a half stars. The trailers in front of I, Robot didn't look that bad, either. Advertised were Collateral, Paparazzi, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, and Alien vs. Predator. Collateral looks kinda like Changing Lanes with a hitman, which isn't a bad thing because Changing Lanes was awesome. I was already looking forward to Apocalypse and AvP, and I have no opinions on Paparazzi.

On the topic of the Resident Evil sequel, those of you who are into metal or horror movie soundtracks can check out the track listing for the Apocalypse soundtrack here. Putting songs by CKY and HIM on there makes my day, but two things bug me about it. I already have them both on the CDs they were originally featured on, and I don't think they really fit with the theme of the movie. The video for the CKY song has stuck it in my head that it'd be better suited for a slasher movie, and the HIM track would probably work better for the suicide scene in a Romeo & Juliet movie. I'm not going to complain about the songs being on the soundtrack, however. Anything that gets CKY and HIM mainstream recognition is fine by me.

Variety recently reported that George Romero's long-anticipated fourth Dead movie has gotten financing (but doesn't have a distributor yet), and should start filming in either Winnipeg or Pittsburgh in October. From what I hear, it'll be titled Land of the Dead (as opposed to the previously rumored Dead Reckoning and Twilight of the Dead). Whenever it gets a release date, I'll definately be sure to add it to the "Blatant Movie Shilling."

I've been discussing WWE doing "best of" compilation DVDs, and I have to say that the specs I've seen for the upcoming Chris Benoit DVD look pretty swank. I just need to track down a copy of the 2001 Royal Rumble for the Benoit/Jericho ladder match (if it isn't on Benoit's DVD), and I'll be set. The only bad part about tracking down the 2001 Rumble is the fact that it'd be pretty hard to find in stores, thanks to the old WWF scratch logo. The same goes for the 2001 Survivor Series. Thanks a lot, you panda-loving losers.

After watching the Gangstas/Eliminators cage match on the ECW Hardcore History DVD today, I think WWE shoud do a hardcore cage match sometime. Just fill a cage full of weapons and let the participants go nuts. I think the closest they've gotten is the "Kennel From Hell" match, but who really wants to remember that? I'm a fan of cage matches anyway. It's too bad that DirecTV has stopped carrying TNA pay-per-views, because the six-sided cage match they've got booked for Wednesday sounds intriguing. I'm just waiting for them to put the cage up, take the ring ropes down, and have Ken Shamrock fight a guy under UFC rules. Maybe they could get Dan Severn for it. They're both former UFC and NWA champs, so TNA wouldn't have to work hard to write an angle. Sure, a no-ropes cage match with UFC rules sounds like one of the old "lion's den" matches, but I still think it would be cool. But I like UFC, so maybe I'm biased.

I was talking with someone recently about WWE doing War Games matches. They already have the Elimination Chamber on Raw, so they could make War Games a Smackdown thing. Maybe they could do one at Survivor Series, and the other at Summerslam. Better yet, make Armageddon a Smackdown-only pay-per-view, and do a War Games match there. I could see that happening if WWE ever decided to use the War Games gimmick. They could even spice it up by using the Hell In A Cell cage instead of the usual two-ring cage. They could even make a bigger Hell In A Cell cage that covered two rings if they wanted to.

I don't really have anything else interesting to say. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home