Wednesday, July 7, 2004

Jessica Simpson: World's Dumbest Genius

Hello, faithful readers. I hope all three of you had a great Fourth of July.

Here's some odd news I heard on Access Hollywood tonight. In the newest issue of Vanity Fair, Jessica Simpson's mother says Jessica took an IQ test in fifth grade, and the results said she had an IQ of 160. So Mrs. Simpson would like us to believe that her moron daughter is a genius on the level of Albert Einstein. Yeah, right. If you believe that, I have a bridge in San Fransisco I'd like to sell you.

The OVW show in Springfield is on Saturday, and the flyer I saw in McDonald's the other day features somebody that was fired months ago. Way to keep track of things, OVW. That's like WWE running ads featuring Jeff Hardy. If OVW was smart, they'd have stuck Johnny Nitro and Matt Morgan on there. Morgan's the champ, and casual fans could remember Nitro as Bischoff's toadie on Raw. It wasn't that long ago.

Quick bit of horror movie news: Paris Hilton is a possible addition to the cast of Scary Movie 4, and may be persuing a "Scream Queen" title following her roles in the direct-to-video horror flick Nine Lives and the remake of the Vincent Price classic House of Wax (which is currently under production).

A rumor floating around is that, in addition to Spy Hunter, The Rock will add another video game movie to his resume by joining the cast of the theatrical adaptation of Doom. Most video game movies suck, but I hope Doom can be watchable.

In other video game movie news, I downloaded the trailer for Resident Evil: Apocalypse tonight, and it actually looks pretty good. The original movie wasn't that great (even though I did like it), but as a Resident Evil fan, I feel almost obligated to see it.

I read recently that TNA pay-per-views are no longer offered by DirecTV as of this week. Since Dish Network doesn't offer their PPVs (or so I'm told), they'd better hope DirecTV picks them back up soon, or they're screwed. A lack of PPV buyers will be a huge knock out of their pocketbooks. I guess this means Impact had better start improving, since DirecTV subscribers still get Fox Sports.

That's all I've got for now. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home