Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Billy Bob Thornton: World's Worst Santa

Hello, all. Here's another post.

Yes, Lib, I have heard of Lacuna Coil. I don't exactly follow the goth-metal scene, and I hadn't heard any Lacuna Coil songs until I downloaded "The Ghost Woman And The Hunter" on Sunday (mainly because the song title caught my eye). After hearing the song, I think I'm gonna have to buy "Comalies."

I had a two-hour telephone conversation with one Ms. Moore yesterday afternoon. Good times. :)

In wrestling news, OVW's show at the Louisville Six Flags on Friday was rained out, but Jim Cornette gave everyone there free passes for the next OVW Six Flags show on July 23, and Eddie Guerrero (who was scheduled to wrestle) stuck around in the rain to sign autographs. That's some good PR, if you ask me. Too bad the show on Satuday wasn't outdoors, because it rained, and I'd have totally tried to get Lance Storm's autograph (he was there, by the way).

I found some old videos in my closet yesterday, and one of them is titled "Wrestlemania: The Greatest Matches." The four matches on the tape are Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant and Randy Savage vs. Rick Steamboat (listed as "Ricky Dragon" on the box) from Mania 3, Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper from Mania 8, and the Steiners vs. the Headshrinkers from Mania 9. Okay, who thought the Steiners/Headshrinkers match was one of Mania's greatest? It was also listed as a tag title match, which is wrong. Then again, the label on the tape is "WF Summerslam: The Greatest Hits." Apparently, somebody forgot to add the second W in "WWF," and he should have been paying attention to what tapes he was labeling. I also found another tape from the same time period (1994 or thereabouts) that has the same "WF" typo, but I'll forgive them because the tape has a Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels ladder match. However, it also included the Doinks match from Survivor Series '93, so that's a knock against it.

On a related topic, I think WWE should start doing compilations of random matches like the ECW DVDs. Sure, they'll do comps for individual wrestlers, but I'd like to see something along the lines of the "Bloodbath" cage match DVD. Maybe they could do a DVD centered on ladder matches or War Games. A "best of Wrestlemania" DVD would be great too. They could do something like my suggestion for a WWE wrestling channel: do "best of" compilations for their major PPVs. I wouldn't mind them continuing the "best of ECW" line, or even do a "best of WCW" thing.

After catching The Breakfast Club on TV last night, I wonder if there would be a market for a remake of it. I love the movie, but I'd totally do a remake of it if I could get the rights and I knew a studio would pick it up. And just for kicks, I'd have to work in Billy Idol's cover of "Don't You Forget About Me."

I caught the uncut version of Bad Santa (or "Badder Santa," if you will), and I laughed my head off. There's truckloads of profanity and sexual innuendo, so if you're not into that, you're better off skipping it. I'll give Bad Santa three stars. Funny stuff.

That's all I've got for now. You people go do something. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home