Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Wrestling With Horror News

Here's some update for my blog, bingo! (Please don't sue me, Libby.)

I went to the Marion County Fair last night with the usual suspects, and it was quite an experience. I mainly went to see the wrestling they were having, but it just wasn't very interesting. The only real highlights were one wrestler throwing a fireball at another, and Tracey Smothers spending more time threatening the crowd than wrestling. And apparently, somebody thought it was a good idea to bring WCW's old International World Title out of mothballs, because Smothers had his own version of the Big Gold Belt (y'know, the one currently held by Chris Benoit) and was claiming that as an "international star," he was recognized as the International World Champion. So Freddie Joe Floyd is world title material? If some two-bit indy promotion called their title a "world title," then I could see it. However, I think the "International World Title" thing was just so Smothers could get some "I'm a big shot because I've worked for WWE, WCW, and ECW" heel heat, since they never specified what promotion that he was the champion of. And calling a title the International World Title is kinda redundant. Wouldn't the fact that it's a world title make it an international title?

Anyway, after the wrestling, I talked Mo (the aforementioned "usual suspects") into getting on a ride. It may be called something different in your town, but the ride was the kind that spins around and pins you to the side. After it was over, Mo ended up getting me to ride it again. And wouldn't you know it, I ended up feeling like everything inside was gonna end up outside. Know what I mean? After getting off the ride, I was a tad on the nauseous side and I also noticed that my wallet was missing too. Turns out it had fallen out of my pocket when I turned myself upside-down on the first ride, and it had went behind the ride's seats. I told the guys working the ride my predicament, and the wallet was lost and found in less than twenty minutes. I got lucky. And good for me, I'm finally starting to get over my nausea.

I haven't done this in a while, but I figure I'll do a little Horror Movie News now.

Story #1: Pro wrestler "Diamond" Dallas Page has been confirmed as a cast member for The Devil's Rejects.

Story #2: Apparently, a new trailer for Exorcist: The Beginning was deemed "too scary for all audiences" by the MPAA. It's a freaking horror movie, it's supposed to be scary! If it's not for all audiences, then make it a red-band trailer and slap it in front of an R-rated movie. This is so stupid. I can watch the evening news and hear about how some American was decapitated by a bunch of Iraqi soldiers and a suicide bomber blew up a bunch of people, but I'm not allowed see a movie trailer.

Story #3: There's a rumor floating around that George Romero's Dead Reckoning (the fourth chapter of his "Trilogy of the Living Dead") has gotten financing and may begin production in October. I'm sure the success of the Dawn of the Dead remake helped. But regardless of the Dawn remake, this is really good. However, I doubt most newer horror fans will go for Romero's slow zombies after being exposed to the super-fast zombies from 28 Days Later and the remake of Dawn.

This is all I have for today. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home