Sunday, June 20, 2004

Not All Pro Wrestling Is Great

Hello, dear readers. I can't really think of any particular topic to discuss, so I'll just wing it. But Kris is home, so I'll start by saying welcome back. :)

Very quick horror movie news: Ryan Reynolds (who you may remember as the title character in Van Wilder) has been cast in the remake of The Amityville Horror.

I caught OVW's TV show last night, and it looks like they'll be doing a show in Springfield on July 10th. This is pretty rockin', especially considering Springfield is maybe a 10-minute drive from here. Man, I think I'm gonna end up overdosing on indy wrestling. The indy promotion in Alton I usually go to has a show on the 26th, and another indy promotion is doing a show at the Marion County Fair on the 28th.

But indy wrestling isn't always fun. I went to a show a few years ago (back in 1999, I believe), and there was a good 15 or 20 minute gap in between each match. They weren't intermissions, there was just nothing going on. It eventually got to the point where people just started chanting "refund" and "we want wrestling." The announcer didn't even have a bell to ring until the second match, when he realized he left it in the trunk of his car. The whole show was just so sad and pathetic, and to top it off, the main event ended in a lame double-countout. Thank God there's no tape of it, so nobody will have to be subjected to that crapfest again.

I don't really have anything else to say, so I'm cutting this off here. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home