Friday, June 11, 2004

MTV Movie Award Winners & More

All the way back in April, I posted the nominees for the MTV Movie Awards. I figure it's about time I name the winners...

  • Best Movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
  • Best Male Performance: Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Best Female Peformance: Uma Thurman, Kill Bill: Volume 1
  • Best Comedic Performance: Jack Black, School of Rock
  • Best On-Screen Team: Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, 50 First Dates
  • Best Villain: Lucy Liu, Kill Bill: Volume 1
  • Breakthrough Male: Shawn Ashmore, X2: X-Men United
  • Breakthrough Female: Lindsay Lohan, Freaky Friday
  • Best Kiss: Owen Wilson, Carmen Electra, and Amy Smart, Starsky & Hutch
  • Best Action Sequence: Battle at Gondor, The Lord of The Rings: The Return of the King
  • Best Fight: Uma Thurman vs. Chiaki Kuriyama, Kill Bill: Volume 1
  • Best Dance Sequence: Seann William Scott, American Wedding

I'm still bummed that Freddy vs. Jason didn't get a Best Fight nomination, especially since the show had a horror theme. Oh well, can't have my way all the time.

I mentioned the edited TV version of Back To The Future a while back. I'm watched the TV version of Mallrats on the USA Network, and the dubbing is just too awful for words. And I think it's the first time in a long while that I've actually seen something on the USA Network that wasn't Law And Order or an Adam Sandler movie.

Y'know, both Ray Charles and Ronald Reagan passed away this week. It seems like there's a rule that celebrities die in threes. I don't wanna sound morbid, but I wonder who the third one will be. Maybe Marc Anthony's previous wife will kill Jennifer Lopez for stealing her husband.

Sylvester Stallone is set on making Rocky 6 and Rambo 4. Rocky 6 just has to be made, just because Rocky can't go out on that crappy excuse for a film that was Rocky 5. I love the first four Rocky movies, but the fifth is just horrible. Meanwhile, I think Rambo 4 would also be a cool idea, especially with all the recent 80s nostalgia. We need more movies like Rambo. I like intellectual movies and all, but sometimes, I just wanna see guns and explosions. Y'know, if John Rambo was a real guy, we should have just sent him over to Iraq by himself and the whole thing would have been settled in three weeks. Him or MacGyver.

New Line is releasing a movie next month called Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle. Product placement has gone too far.

Jake Gyllenhaal looks too much like Tobey Maguire for his own good. It's scary.

Nothing else to talk about now. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home