Sunday, June 13, 2004

I Don't Steal Baseballs

Hey, folks. This week seems like it lasted forever, and I think the next two will feel just as long. We miss you, K. All of us.

I saw a clip of the St. Louis Cardinals/Texas Rangers baseball game on the 11:00 news, and some big guy jumped over a row of seats and pinned a four-year-old boy to the seats with his legs so he could grab a foul ball. The TV announcers rightfully started heckling the guy, while the crowd in the surrounding area started a "give him the ball" chant. Later in the game, some teenager gave the boy a foul ball he caught, and both teams gave the kid bats and balls. Reggie Sanders from the Cardinals even went into the crowd to give the boy his bat. He ended up leaving two innings later, unfortunately before one of St. Louis's players could give him a Cardinals T-shirt that he'd written "Tough Guy" and "Ball-Stealer" on. Folks, some people deserve a sledgehammer shot to the groin, and that guy is one of them.

The week felt long enough, but it was also a very long weekend. Saturday, I took in that indy wrestling show I mentioned. That blindfold battle royal... it was different. The rules were like this: a bunch of people wearing hoods were in the ring, and if you left the ring or had your hood taken off, you were eliminated. It wasn't necessarily a good match, but it was funny.

Yesterday, I went up to Louisville with my homeboy Mo to get his computer looked at by a long-lost friend of ours. We had a pretty good time, despite the awful heat and humidity. We watched Eurotrip while we were there, which had some good laughs, but dragged in places as well. I'll give it two and a half stars for basically being Road Trip in Europe. The needless male nudity didn't help any. Anyway, we also made a run to Best Buy, where I picked up the Clerks soundtrack. Good stuff, that CD is.

I also heard on the news that a casting session for extras for Cameron Crowe's upcoming movie Elizabethtown was held today in (where else?) Elizabethtown, Kentucky. E-town is only 45 minutes from here, and it's too bad I didn't get to go, because I'd have totally tried out.

I don't have anything else to say for now. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home