Wednesday, June 2, 2004

I Am The Most Random Person Ever

I caught The Day After Tomorrow at the new theater in Danville last night. It wasn't a bad movie, but it there were things in it that didn't make a lot of sense to me. Like one scene where Dennis Quaid apparently walks all the way from Washington, D.C., to Manhattan during a blizzard. Wouldn't he have passed out from exhaustion or hypothermia? And I didn't know that people can outrun a sudden drop in temperature, but it's apparently possible. Then again, I've heard the filmmakers have said most of the science errors were intentional for dramatic purposes, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal. Anyway, I'll give it a three out of five. It's good, but not great. But the tornado scene was awesome, and the storms in the 20th Century Fox logo were a neat touch.

The new theater in Danville was neat, but it seemed kinda tiny. There were only seven or eight rows in the particular screen I was in, and the screen it self was only five feet or so off the ground. So even the front row is a good seat there. If Danville wasn't 45 minutes away, I'd go there all the time. It's a nice place.

I seriously need to invest in new shelves for my DVD collection.

Huh, apparently there is a wrestling channel in England. According to their site, they air Ring Of Honor, NWA-TNA, CZW, 3PW, CMLL, a British promotion called "the Frontier Wrestling Alliance," classic Memphis wrestling, NOAH, and New Japan. They're gonna be starting a news talk show, as well. I hope something like that can be started in America too, just because I wanna see some Ring Of Honor and CZW without having to track down their videos.

I think it's finally safe to say that Tatu has officially fallen off the musical radar. It's been over a year since "All The Things She Said" was released and to my knowledge, there wasn't a follow-up single. My guess is they didn't realize there isn't a very big American market for gay Russian schoolgirls that sing techno music. And I don't even think "All The Things She Said" was a big enough hit to even call Tatu one hit wonders.

That's all I can think to say for now. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home