Sunday, May 23, 2004

Party Gras, Horror Movies, & Buffy

Amazingly, there hasn't been a whole lot for me to talk about in the last week. However, there was the last episode of Angel, a high school graduation in Alabama (congratulations, K), I picked up three DVDs yesterday, my sister graduates from high school on Friday, and my birthday is the day after that. I guess I've got those two days to look forward to.

On the topic of the Angel finale, I'm sad to see it go, especially since I just started really getting into the show a month ago. I'm doubtful about watching the reruns on TNT. I don't want to jump into the middle of a lengthy story arc, or discover a character that I thought I was familiar with has undergone a weird metamorphosis (or died, in Cordelia's case). Maybe I should pick up the Angel DVDs after I get the Buffy DVDs. Actually, I kinda like that idea. It could clear up some of those pesky crossover storylines.

After watching the last two episodes of Viva La Bam, I've decided that I'm gonna assemble a crew, rent a couple of RV's, and go to Mardi Gras. And it'll rule. "Party Gras" 2005: be there, or don't be there. See if I care.

And now, it's time for everyone's favorite new segment, Horror Movie News.

Story #1: Scary Movie 4 is set to begin in production sometime near the end of the year, with a summer 2005 release date. However, Anna Faris (who's starred in the past three installments in the series) will not be starring in the movie due to a scheduling conflict. She might do a cameo, but she'll be filming Brokeback Mountain with Hulk director Ang Lee. I'm not a fan of the Scary Movie trilogy, but I did like Ms. Faris in May. Good flick, that was.

Story #2: The Ring 2 began principal photography a little over a week ago, back on May 13th. Dreamworks ran a full-page ad in Daily Variety to announce it. If the ad ends up being what the poster looks like, that poster will be cool. You can see the ad here.

Story #3: At the Cannes Film Festival, Aurora Entertainment confirmed the rumors that Eight Legged Freaks director Ellory Elkayem will be helming back-to-back sequels to The Return of the Living Dead. Production is scheduled to start on June 7th in Romania, and the two movies will be titled Return of the Living Dead: Necropolis and Return of the Living Dead: Rave From The Grave. Judging by the title, the second one will take place at a rave. Call me crazy, but that's how it looks to me.

Story #4: Added to the cast of the House of 1000 Corpses sequel The Devil's Rejects is American Pie star Natasha Lyonne. She's reportedly been signed on to play Candy, a hooker obsessed with Star Wars.

Story #5: I discovered today that the movie Saw, which stars Cary Elwes (who starred in two of my favorite movies, The Princess Bride and Robin Hood: Men In Tights), has a rumored release date of September 17th, with Lions Gate handling distribution. It centers around two men (one of whom is played by Elwes) chained to opposite ends of a subterranean room that are being tormented by a serial killer the media has nicknamed "The Jigsaw Killer." According to some of the circles I run in, the movie is awesome, and it certainly sounds like it. As soon as I get confirmation on that release date, I'll add it to the "Blatant Movie Shilling."

In non-horror movie news, Freddie Highmore has been cast as Charlie in Tim Burton's retelling of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp will be playing Willy Wonka, and shooting starts this summer in London, with an intended release date of July 15, 2005. I've never heard of Freddie Highmore, but I'll be definitely checking out this movie. And Burton better make sure to have the Oompa Loompas, or I'm gonna start chucking bricks at cars from overpasses. Or maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home