Friday, May 28, 2004

Lots of Random Thoughts

Holy crap, it's been raining like crazy lately. It's been raining more than just cats and dogs, it's been raining the whole freaking zoo. And it's been raining like this for the last few days, too. Any more rain, and I'm gonna have to start building an ark.

Tomorrow's my birthday. I feel so old sometimes, then I remember I'm still in my very early 20s.

Brief horror movie news: Bloody-Disgusting.com reported a few days ago that Leslie Easterbrook has replaced Karen Black as "Mother Firefly" in The Devil's Rejects. I think that was a good move, as there's a strong resemblence between the two. They're not identical, but they look a lot alike. The Devil's Rejects is currently filming in Los Angeles with a scheduled release date of somewhere around Halloween.

Also starting around Halloween is The Horror Channel. All I need after that is a 24-hour pro wrestling channel, and I'll be glued to the TV all day. WWE's working on that On-Demand thing, but I think it would be better as a premium sports network. So instead of doing On-Demand is have potential viewers pay one flat monthly rate instead. I like that idea a lot better, especially because I don't have On-Demand. They could run packages highlighting individual wrestlers or classic feuds (which could cover any era or promotion, considering their huge archive), and maybe have "best of" shows to hype their major pay-per-views. For example, they could do the best of Summerslam in late July through August, or do the best of Wrestlemania from February through March. They've also got the tape catalogues of WCW, ECW, SMW, the AWA, and Jim Crockett Promotions, so they should put them to good use. I think they have some Stampede footage (but I don't know for sure), and they should talk to Jerry Lawler about getting the USWA tape catalogue. If Lawler can't get them the footage, maybe they should just give Jerry Jarrett a call and name a price. Besides, I wouldn't mind seeing some Flex Kavana footage. Man, I never thought Flex Kavana would amount to anything when he was a USWA tag champ, and now he's a movie star, he's won a zillion WWE titles, and the tattoo on his left arm is slowly swallowing his whole body. For those of you who haven't caught it yet (and I bet there's one or two who haven't), Flex Kavana is The Rock.

I caught Back To The Future on TBS last night, and their replacements for profanities makes me laugh. Like "son of a butthead." How can you not giggle at that? The movie still rules, however. Anyone who dislikes Back To The Future is either a liar or hasn't seen it.

Another funny movie is Super Troopers. I watched it last night for the first time in a long while. It's like Monty Python if they were made up of Americans.

All that rain I mentioned earlier has caused all kinds of damage. The news says there were trees knocked down, downed power lines, blackouts, roofs being ripped off of houses, and a Waffle House in Lexington suffered some damage. That poor Waffle House. What did it ever do to anybody?

You know, they've brought back He-Man, and they've brought back the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They need to bring back the Ghostbusters cartoon, so all three of my childhood loves can be resurrected. I also wouldn't mind seeing Ghostbusters 3, even though it'll never happen. But a revival of the Ghostbusters cartoon would make me super-mega-ultra happy.

A link I was directed to the other night by Krissie got me to thinking... a Buffy The Vampire Slayer cartoon would be cool. If Sabrina The Teenage Witch can get a cartoon remake, so can Buffy. That link featured what Dawn would supposedly look like if she were in the second season, but the drawing sucked. The idea of a 12-year-old Dawn just doesn't jive with me anyway. The drawings of Willow and Xander on the site were good, however. I'd totally watch a Buffy cartoon, even if all the cast from the TV show didn't do the voices. If Sarah Michelle Gellar didn't want to do Buffy's voice, then they should hire Kristy Swanson. That bit of casting would be the bee's knees. I know a lot of die-hard Buffyverse fans weren't too thrilled with the movie, but having the original Buffy do the voice of cartoon Buffy would be pretty cool.

Thinking of cartoons, they should bring back the Clerks cartoon. That was some great stuff. And I'm still waiting for Clerks 2: Hardly Clerkin'.

I was watching Days of Our Lives today, and all these insane storylines are starting to make my head hurt. I'd watch the show regardless of quality (since there's nothing better on TV at 1:00 in the afternoon), but some of these storylines just want to make me put a brick through my TV. But at least the show is better than Passions. That show is just awful, but I can't stop watching it. Why? I don't know. It has horrible storylines, horrible actors, and one character with a horrible Jheri curl. The only thing going for it is that a certain blonde vampire was a fan of the show.

This post is already too long, so it ends here. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home