Sunday, May 30, 2004

Happy Belated Birthday To Me

So yesterday was the birthday. Want details? No? What do you mean no? You're gonna get them anyway.

Me, my mom, and my aunt started the day by heading to the Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten, and my sneaky aunt got the staff to sing me "Happy Birthday." That was fun, if not embarrassing (and it was definately embarrassing). After that, we went to the movie theater next door and caught Shrek 2. Not a bad movie at all, if I do say so myself. I thought it was just as good as the first one. I'll give it four stars out of my usual five, because it was just that good. And after the success Shrek 2's had, a third one is more than definately gonna happen.

We went from the theater to various shopping destinations. I picked up "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, then went to Best Buy and purchased Bubba Ho-Tep, the third Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and the Buffy The Vampire Slayer movie. I also got the DVD's of Wrestlemania 19 and 20, Mick Foley's latest DVD, the first season of the Buffy TV show, and the soundtrack to Reservoir Dogs. I'd have gotten the two Freddy vs. Jason action figures, but no place had them. I guess I'll have to save up some more money and buy them off the Internet.

Anyway, that's all that really happened on my birthday. Today, we had a bunch of family over to visit, though not everybody got to come down due to other stuff going on. It wasn't very eventful, outside of my little buddy Gary D. (who happens to be visiting until Tuesday) hanging on me like a shadow. I love the little boy, but sometimes he just makes me want to go away for a while. It's also raining now, and a tornado touched down in Louisville just a little while ago. I want all these freaking storms to go away! I think that ark joke I made in the last update is gonna end up coming to pass.

Whoa, there's a town in Kentucky named Krypton. I saw it on the local news just now, and that is awesome. There should be a town here named "Gotham City." It's only right.

Not much else that I can think of to comment on. If I do think of something, I'll be back. Until then, Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home