Sunday, April 25, 2004

Blender Hates Music, But I Love "Kill Bill"

Have no fear, updatery is here.

Finally, after months of wait and endless reruns of the first season, Viva La Bam's second season started tonight. Overall, I like. The show's change in location is nice, though I think Bam's obsession with Ville Valo is a little frightening.

I caught Kill Bill: Volume 2 on Saturday night, despite not having seen Volume 1. I liked it, though I may appreciate it more once I see Volume 1. Meanwhile, my dad hated it because it was all story with very little action. His exact quote: "It might as well have been Blair Witch." Unless it's a crime drama, my dad and flicks with dialogue-heavy plots just don't gel. Personally, I thought the Darryl Hannah/Uma Thurman fight was great, and David Carradine was awesome beyond words. Sid Haig as a bartender also got a laugh out of me. I give it three stars, possibly four after I finally see Volume 1.

In the extra features for Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino mentions that he's a fan of slasher movies. He's done his own kung fu movie and his own spaghetti western (if you consider Kill Bill 2 as such), so maybe he should tackle a slasher flick as his next project. A slasher movie by QT would be awesome.

Blender Magazine recently picked what they deemed the 50 worst songs ever. Let's see what they are...
  1. "We Built This City" by Starship
  2. "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus
  3. "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung
  4. "Rollin’ (Air Raid Vehicle)" by Limp Bizkit
  5. "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice
  6. "The Heart of Rock and Roll" by Huey Lewis & The News
  7. "Don’t Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin
  8. "Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy
  9. "American Life" by Madonna
  10. "Ebony And Ivory" by Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
  11. "Invisible" by Clay Aiken
  12. "Kokomo" by The Beach Boys
  13. "Illegal Alien" by Genesis
  14. "From A Distance" by Bette Midler
  15. "I’ll Be There For You" by The Rembrandts
  16. "What’s Up?" by 4 Non Blondes
  17. "Pumps And A Bump" by MC Hammer
  18. "You’re The Inspiration" by Chicago
  19. "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister
  20. "Dancing On The Ceiling" by Lionel Richie
  21. "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors
  22. "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American)" by Toby Keith
  23. "Sunglasses At Night" by Corey Hart
  24. "Superman (It’s Not Easy)" by Five For Fighting
  25. "I’ll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy featuring Faith Evans and 112
  26. "The End" by The Doors
  27. "The Final Countdown" by Europe
  28. "Your Body Is A Wonderland" by John Mayer
  29. "Breakfast At Tiffany’s" by Deep Blue Something
  30. "The Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston
  31. "Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies
  32. "Will2K" by Will Smith
  33. "Barbie Girl" by Aqua
  34. "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg
  35. "Shiny Happy People" by R.E.M.
  36. "Make Em Say Uhh!" by Master P featuring Silkk The Shocker, Fiend, Mia-X, and Mystikal
  37. "Rico Suave" by Gerardo
  38. "Cotton Eyed Joe" by Rednex
  39. "She Bangs" by Ricky Martin
  40. "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Badd
  41. "We Didn’t Start The Fire" by Billy Joel
  42. "The Sounds of Silence" by Simon & Garfunkel
  43. "Follow Me" by Uncle Kracker
  44. "I’ll Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That)" by Meat Loaf
  45. "Mesmerize" by Ja Rule featuring Ashanti
  46. "Hangin’ Tough" by New Kids on the Block
  47. "The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You" by Bryan Adams
  48. "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" by The Beatles
  49. "I’m Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred
  50. "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion
Hahaha, the theme song from Friends is on there. And there really are a lot of bad songs on there. But some of these songs are "so bad, they're good." Besides, I stopped putting faith in Blender's lists after they put The Doors in the "worst bands ever" list. Just because Jim Morrison was drunk and/or stoned during just about all of their concerts doesn't mean that The Doors are a bad band.

That's all I've got to say for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home