Friday, April 9, 2004

...And Carry A Big Stick

Took in a showing of Walking Tall today. Not bad, but it could have been better. It seems like there were scenes missing or something, because The Rock's love interest goes from "hey, Rock, I'm a stripper" to "hey, Rock, you left your jacket in my nudie booth," to "hey, Rock, here's some potato salad, wanna make out?" without any real development. However, I liked The Rock and especially Johnny Knoxville. Rock was great when it came to the action and some humor, and Knoxville provided lots of good comic relief. I'll give it three stars for a good effort. The "dedicated to the memory of Sheriff Buford Pusser" credit was a nice touch too.

And now I'm torn between seeing The Punisher and Hellboy next weekend. It'll be a comic book weekend. I would go see Kill Bill 2, but having never seen the first one, I'd be totally clueless as to what was going on. Sure, I could rent it, but I don't know when I'll be to a video store.

Nothing else to say. Sutton out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home