Saturday, March 6, 2004

The Passion of the Blog

I managed to catch The Passion of the Christ this afternoon, and I was a more than a little disappointed. Maybe it didn't help that I was squeezed at the end of the second row in front of the screen next to a fat woman whose butt took up all of her seat and some of mine. If it wasn't for the armrest, she'd have been in my lap. Having to look at the screen at an angle with my nose practically against it ruined things for me, plus I don't think the movie was as good as everybody makes it out to be. And for one Miss Lane, if you read this before seeing the movie, there is no story to The Passion. Aside from a few flashbacks, we basically learn nothing about Christ's life. But then again, that's not the point. The point was to show what happened when Jesus died. From the violence aspect, there are far more violent movies out there. I guess the lifetime of watching violent movies has dulled my Spidey Senses. I'll give The Passion two stars for effort. Maybe a more pleasent theater experience would have made my opinion a bit more favorable. That happens.

The next few weeks should be theatrical fun, however. I might go see Mystic River next weekend (shouldn't the DVD be out already?), and the Dawn of the Dead remake, Scooby Doo 2, and Jersey Girl all come out within the next three weeks. Secret Window has caught my eye, but I haven't heard any buzz on it. I might wait until Secret Window makes its home video or pay-per-view debut before I see it, but whatever.

Thinking of Dawn of the Dead, the USA Network makes me happy. USA will be airing the first ten minutes of the movie sometime between 10:00 and 10:30 p.m. during their showing of Final Destination on Monday, March 15th.

I saw The Passion today, and ABC is airing Frequency right now. I think I'm going into a Jim Caviezel overload.

According to IGN, there's rumors of a possible Freddy vs. Jason video game. If it's made and doesn't get a Gamecube release, calling me "unhappy" will be an understatement.

Not a whole lot else to talk about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home